You have to stretch yourself to get to the really good stuff that lies outside of your comfort zone. Most people never get to see how good the network marketing lifestyle is because they never stretch their comfort zone.
The thing is, when you get out of your comfort zone, you are actually stretching your comfort zone so that whatever once made you uncomfortable, becomes comfortable. You are growing.
Here are a couple tips for expanding your comfort zone:
- 1. Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway – That is an expression we often hear but it is a good place to start. You don’t have to jump in the deep end into the most fearful things but start with small things that make you feel uncomfortable. As you grow, you will be stronger and more confident to take on bigger things.
- 2. Make a Plan – Take notice of the way you feel about certain things. Make a plan with smaller steps that will help you expand your comfort zone in that area.
For example: In the beginning of my network marketing career I had a fear of being a leader. I was more comfortable being a follower but in network marketing, you must be a leader if you want to be successful. When you first start out, you have a very small group so it’s easy to take small steps. Part of my plan for overcoming fear of leadership was to learn everything I could about network marketing, leadership and my company.
- 3. Increasing In Knowledge – This is a very important part of expanding your comfort zone and it should be a priority in your plan for success. As you learn, you apply those things to what you already know.
Going back to the fear of leadership issue: I read books and listened to audios on things related to leadership and success in network marketing. I also hung out with leaders by going to meetings and events and talking to them, getting on conference calls and subscribing to their newsletters so I could observe them in action. As I learned things, I was always thinking about how I could use this information to help my downline. That is what a leader does, learn, apply, then share with the team.
As I grew in experience and knowledge, my leadership skills grew. I am still growing and expanding my leadership skills and my comfort zone. It doesn’t have to be scary. Just start where you are. Take the first steps and keep expanding.
- 4. Use Your Imagination – See in your mind’s eye the place you want to be. Visualize how you want your future and your business to look. A little visualization should be in your plan every day. It helps you look beyond the things going on today and keeps you fixed on the goal.
- 5. Do Some EFT Tapping – EFT can be helpful in all kinds of ways to remove negative blocks and enhance the law of attraction.
Try tapping along with the Tapping Session below on being Confident Outside of My Comfort Zone:
Download the Printable Tapping Script: Confident Outside of My Comfort Zone EFT tapping script
Come back as often as you need and tap along with any EFT Sessions you need.