OH MY! Another day went by and I didn’t get that job done. Do you ever find yourself saying that? It’s amazing how fast time flies by. It’s so easy to get distracted with other things and let the important things slip by, especially things that make you feel a little uncomfortable. You can find yourself procrastinating and usually you don’t even realize why you are doing it.
As you are building your network marketing business, you have daily tasks, talking to people about your products or the business opportunity, emails and phone calls to make and to respond to. There are certain things that must be done if you want success. Sometimes you can find yourself doing busy work in the office but not things that actually grow your network marketing business. This “busy work” is a form of procrastination.
Procrastination is actually one way we sabotage our success. Our subconscious subconscious resistance and fears get involved and we begin to sabotage our efforts, often by procrastinating.
There can be any number of reasons we might sabotage our success. Here are a few common reasons for sabotage:
Fear of change
Fear of leadership
Fear of responsibility
Fear of discomfort in the spotlight
Fear of being criticized
Fear others will be jealous
Sometimes we aren’t really sure why we are sabotaging our success with procrastination. EFT can be helpful in releasing some of our fears and getting the mood shifted to one that is taking action.
Try this EFT session for times when you find yourself procrastinating but you aren’t sure why.
EFT Tapping Clip:
Releasing Sabotage by Procrastination
After you have done some EFT, here are some . . .
Tips to help with Procrastination:
1. Know WHY you are building this business and think about it every day. Then decide what you will do TODAY that will take you one step closer to your goal.
2. Make a list of the IMPORTANT things you want to accomplish today. I also have a tomorrow list that I start in the afternoon for the next day’s activities.
Some of the things on your list need to be things that will actually cause you to increase income – Getting people to your web site, putting marketing materials out, talking to prospects, etc.
3. Prioritize your list. Decide which things are most important on the list. Do those first. If you have something unpleasant to do, I recommend to get that over with first or early in the day. Everything else will be a breeze.
4. Big jobs can be broken down into parts. Part of your daily routine should be reading success books and training. I have several books I am in the process of reading. I read a bit from each every day. Even 15 minutes a day reading will be a positive step forward.
5. Make a plan and take action. Decide how much time you will spend each week on your business. Then plan what you will do during that time.
I recommend at a minimum of talking to at least two new prospects every day… that is 60 a month. If you recruit just 10%, you will have 6 new recruits personally sponsored every month.
You will never be perfect. You don’t have to get it perfect, you just have to get it going.